We know that your purpose for switching to artificial grass is to be free from all the maintenance that a regular lawn entails. But sorry to burst your bubble, but you will still need to maintain your synthetic turf. The only difference is that the level of intensity is far less. But the maintenance factor is still there. If you’re wondering how you’re going to clean your Termi-Turf artificial grass Melbourne, we’ve got some simple tips that you can follow:
How to Clean Your Artificial Grass
If you want your artificial grass to look great all the time, you’ll need to maintain it regularly – at least once a week. Rainwater will wash away most surface dirt. However, we still recommend that you blast your lawn with water using a pressure hose every once a week to keep it looking its very best.
To clean your synthetic lawn, follow these few simple steps:
- Regularly remove leaves and debris using a leaf blower, stiff brush, or plastic rake.
- Trim hedges and trees frequently to limit the number of leaves that fall onto your lawn.
- Apply a weed killer twice a year to the entire area to prevent weeds from growing onto your grass (yes, they thrive on artificial turf, too).
- Use an artificial turf spray to clean away any urine from your pets. You can also sprinkle the area with baking soda before adding a diluted solution of water-vinegar to remove any odours.
Removing Stubborn Stains from Your Artificial Grass
We’ve all been there – you spilt beer, wine, coffee, ketchup, and other types of stains onto your artificial turf. How do you clean it? Here’s what you need to do:
- Act immediately – remove as much of the spillage as possible before it hardens. That way, you’ll only have to deal with a small amount of stain.
- Soak up any liquids with a clean cloth, hand towel, or cat litter – all of these tools can absorb liquid quickly. If there’s still a mark, mix a small amount of washing up liquid and lukewarm water together. Apply with a clean cloth, sponge or synthetic bristle brush.
- Work the solution around and in between the stained fibres. Rinse the area thoroughly with cold water using your garden hose or watering can.
- If the spillage has hardened, you may need to carefully remove it using either a plastic knife or plastic spatula. You can also try using a toothbrush to brush the stain away gently.
There you have it – simple tips and steps on how you can clean your Termi-Turf artificial grass Melbourne. For more synthetic lawn maintenance tips, visit our blog page now.